Typical Home Inspection Services
- Foundations and framing are checked for problems due to design errors, neglect, insect damage, water damage, and site conditions.
- The electric system is screened for capacity and safety. It is evaluated in terms of its current condition and suitability for future use. Upgrades and repairs are recommended where appropriate.
- Heating & Air Conditioning
- The inspector checks the system for proper function, distribution and safety issues. Recommendations for upgrades or repairs will be given where needed.
- The piping and fixtures throughout the house are checked for function and flow. The system is screened for unsanitary conditions, leaks, freeze vulnerability, and problematic materials.
- Basement & Crawlspace
- Basements and crawlspaces are evaluated for dampness, and the potential for mold or fungal growth. Remediation advice is given as needed.
- All appliances are operated. Deficiencies are noted and repairs are recommended where appropriate.
- Walls floors and ceiling surfaces are scanned for problematic conditions, potentially dangerous or toxic materials, fire hazards and security breaches. Attics are checked for insulation quality and ventilation issues.
- The roof is is walked when appropriate and evaluated for age, and any potential problems. Roof and surface runoff controls are evaluated for proper defense against basement seepage. Siding windows and trim are checked for problems. Porches, side-walks, and steps are checked. Decks are closely scrutinized.
|Standard Home Inspection (homes up to 2,900 sq. ft.)||$320|
|($0.11/sq.ft. additional for homes larger than 2,900 sq.ft.)|
|Pest Inspection with Home Inspection (not for FHA, VA, or HUD)||$80|
|Pest Inspection without Home Inspection (not for FHA, VA, or HUD)||$150|
|Mold Air Quality Test (includes 2 samples)||$275|
|Mold Swab Test||$150|
|Well Water Test (bacteria only)||$95|
|Well Water Test (FHA)||$200|
Artos Inspections serves the following counties: Dauphin, Lebanon, Lancaster, Cumberland, Perry, and York.